Supportive Living Facilities
MeridianTotal covers the waiver services included in the Supportive Living Facility, but does not pay for room and board. The following services are included in the global rate that is covered by MeridianTotal:
- Nursing services
- Personal care
- Medication administration
- Social and recreational programming
- Ancillary Services
- 24 hour response/security staff
- Health Promotion and exercise
- Emergency call system
- Daily Checks
- Quality assurance plan
- Management of resident funds, if applicable
MeridianTotal Collaboration with Supportive Living Facilities
MeridianTotal will work directly with Supportive Living Facilities to identify and address care gaps and opportunities; develop, share and collaborate on members’ comprehensive care plans; partner for assistance with member care coordination including physical health, mental health and psychosocial needs.
There are a variety of assessments done by the Supportive Living Facility as well as by MeridianTotal. Below is a breakdown of those assessments, as well as clarification on how MeridianTotal will work with SLFs to conduct these assessments.
- Initial interview and assessment: conducted by SLF
- Comprehensive Resident Assessment (RAI): Conducted by SLF, 14 days after admission and annually or upon significant change in the resident’s mental or physical status. This must be signed off by a registered nurse.
- Service Plan: Completed seven days after RAI by SLF. SLF Service Plan created in conjunction with MeridianTotal HCBS Program Specialist. Service Plan as part of overall care plan put into place by HCBS Program Specialist.
- Quarterly Evaluation: Conducted by SLF, includes copy of MeridianTotal care plan, MeridianTotal HCBS Program Specialist onsite during Quarterly Evaluation.
- Health Risk Assessment: Conducted in-person or telephonically by MeridianTotal ICT.
- Long Term Care Assessment: Conducted by MeridianTotal after RAI/Service Plan creation.